Anna Belanger & Associates has become a trusted name for pregnant women seeking pregnancy massage and doula services in Ottawa. Our clinics have treated thousands of pregnant women! Our Ottawa South location originally opened as a clinic dedicated to pre and postnatal massage and doula services. However, what we found was that clients wanted to stay past their one year postpartum stage, they wanted their mothers, sisters and friends to enjoy our tranquil clinic and massage services. Our Old Ottawa South and Orleans location are women's only clinics - welcoming women of all ages and stages of life. However, our Barrhaven clinic treats prenatal clients and all family members!
All our clinics and all of our treatment rooms are equipped with The Body Cushion System. Clients have the choice to lie face down or side-lying position. All our therapists are trained to treat and assess pregnancy and pregnancy related symptoms.
Pregnancy massage can help with:
decrease back pain and discomfort
reduce sciatic pain and sacro-iliac joint pain
reduce calf cramps and swelling in feet
decrease carpal tunnel symptoms and swelling in hands
promote a more restful sleep and reduce pregnancy induced insomnia
increase relaxation and reduce stress
decreasing the anxiety and physical stress while going through fertility treatments
Many of our therapists are birth and post-partum doulas and these services are offered separately.All our therapists are trained to treat and assess pregnancy and pregnancy related symptoms. Our clinics and rooms are equipped with The Body Cushion System. Clients have the choice to lie face down or side-lying position. With thousands of prenatal treatments performed at our clinics - we are a trusted name in the community.
Pregnancy massage can help with:
- decrease back pain and discomfort
- reduce sciatic pain and sacro-iliac joint pain
- reduce calf cramps and swelling in feet
- decrease carpal tunnel symptoms and swelling in hands
- promote a more restful sleep and reduce pregnancy induced insomnia
- increase relaxation and reduce stress
- decreasing the anxiety and physical stress while going through fertility treatments
Labour support is part of our scope of practice as massage therapists. However, a few of us have taken extra training for Doula certification.
At this time our birth Doula's are: Anna Belanger & Allison Gunn
Definition of doula from DONA International
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
A Birth Doula
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman's memory of the birth experience
- Allows the woman's partner to participate at his/her comfort level